Thursday, July 25, 2013

Ghoulshow - Tales from the Netherworld


I've mentioned plenty of times that I'm a big fan of dance/electronica music. I have also spoken of my extreme love of 70s and 80s synthie horror movie scores. The CD soundtrack for Lucio Fulci's Zombie is in constant rotation here at Voodoo HQ. So when I first heard mention, through my various sources, of Ghoulshow, I had instantly intrigued. Then, through a top secret, clandestine meeting, I was able to listen to the entire Ghoulshow album.

Not to its discredit, the music of Ghoulshow is fairly easy to sum up. It is like a horror movie set to a dance beat. Ghoulshow, which I believe is a one piece, takes that 70s and 80s Italian synth soundtrack sound, but updates the rhythms slightly with more current dance beats and little touches of edm, drum and bass, and a little dubstep. It is much like listening to a remix album of Italian scorework.

Tales from the Nether World will be released soon from the U.K. based Graveyard Calling Records. And to make this unique release even cooler, it is being released on cassette format. And I don't mean some dubbed tape from K-Mart. An actual full on professionally printed release. No CD release sadly, but there will be a digital release also for all you whipper snappers out there into that sort of thing. 

 
So why not head on over to Graveyard Calling Records and take a listen!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Rob - you've been turning me on to some cool music lately. Have you heard Kid Congo Powers new stuff yet ? It's pretty neat, he kinda got the horror music thing goin' on.

    http://kidcongopowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for posting this dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, Grimm!
      And you know, I still want to collaborate with you on something.

      Delete

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails